If you are going to use AdSense with your blog you should think about the following:
It can be seen as unprofessional.
This is kind of a "do as I say not as I do" piece of advice. As this is the first post on this blog I probably shouldn't be using AdSense, but then again it is a relevant example to show you exactly what a blog looks like with AdSense installed. I'll let you be the judge, but advertising can often make a blog feel less professional. If you really care about what you are saying :), you may want to gain some credit before using AdSense.
It can be distracting and send readers away.
Ads can be distracting and actually send readers away from your site because clicking on a link will take them to the advertiser's site. If you want to keep readers interested in what you are saying or what you are selling, then AdSense may not be right for you.
It is difficult to make money.
Don't expect to make any money. I put ads on my blog mostly as an experiment. I'm more curious to see if anyone at all clicks on ads rather than whether I'll make any money. I assume I won't. I advise you do the same and perhaps you will be pleasantly surprised!
Step By Step Process for adding AdSense to your Blogger account.
- Choose the blog you want to use AdSense on.
- Navigate to the Dashboard of that blog.
- Click on the monetize button shown highlighted below.
- Next, click the "Sign up for AdSense" button.
- Select the option that applies below followed by next.
- Enter all the information. Make sure you enter the correct information, but there will be a confirmation page immediately after this one. You will also have to agree with all the terms on this page before moving on.
- Scroll down and check the box to accept the terms.
Note: Your account will not have ads on it immediately due to an approval process. You can always edit the settings of your AdSense account by navigating back to the Dashboard and selecting Monetize.